Reduce the Stress of Downsizing
- Rightsizing and downsizing
- Sorting, weeding, organizing
- Dispersal of unwanted Items
- Customized floor plan
- Moving estimates
- Moving day coordination
- Unpacking and settling
Welcome to Sort & Settle
The decision to move or downsize after years in the same home is a difficult right of passage that many of us are forced to deal with ourselves, or with friends and family as they grow older. It is a major life transition.
Sort & Settle can make it easier. From talking compassionately about how life will change to actually sorting, packing, and settling into a new home, we will be there to manage the process — to guide, comfort, reassure, and smooth away the bumps at this time of transition.
We help you take that first step – where to begin and how to make it happen. Whether you are looking to downsize, rightsize, move or age in place, we can make the experience less overwhelming and more productive.
Sort & Settle are Certified Relocation and Transition Specialists (CRTS) and are members of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) which is a non-profit, professional association of organizations dedicated to helping older adults and their families with the physical and emotional aspects of moving. Its members are committed to maximizing the dignity and autonomy of older adults as they transition from one living environment to another. We are a family owned and operated business serving the Hudson Valley in New York and Fairfield County in Connecticut.
What people say about us
- I am overwhelmed with gratitude and amazement at all you accomplished today. Three cheers and hooray too! So glad to hear that you were able to donate everything.Lisa T. White Plains, NY,
- Thank you for all your excellent work. We couldn't have managed the move without you.,
- The folks at Sort & Settle were so reassuring during my 93-year old uncle’s move. They helped us find a beautiful place and he couldn’t be happier.J.M.,WACCABUC NY, CEO
- Sort and Settle were tremendously helpful with our move to Washington, D. C, Laura and Keith were so supportive and ethically dependable! We have recommended them to our neighbors and friends who are contemplating a move within the coming year.,
Free One Hour Consultation
Sort & Settle offers a free one-hour consultation (live or phone) to learn about your goals and priorities and describe our services.